Monday, September 8, 2008

Project Storage

I seem to have a lot of projects in progress so I decided to make some bags to store them.


I cut up an old sheet and made a couple of simple drawstring bags in different sizes and, just for fun, decorated them with my logo using a simple freezer paper stencil.

Freezer paper is fast becoming one of my favorite craft items. If you are not familiar with it, one side is plain paper and the other is wax coated. The waxy side adheres to fabric when you iron it. It forms a firm bond, firm enough to keep a sharp edge when stenciling, but easily pulls away without leaving a mark when you are done. I've also recently started tracing pattern pieces onto freezer paper and ironing them to the fabric instead of pinning.


Here are the finished bags filled with my unfinished projects...



Now I suppose I should try to finish something!

No comments: