Monday, May 11, 2009

Inspired

I was catching up on my blog reading and came across this amazing new site that combines two of my favorite things, sewing and volunteerism (yes, I am a giant geek).

The goal of their current project is to provide handmade rag dolls to all the residents of the Casa Bernabe orphanage in Nicaragua. For my contribution I stitched up this cutie using the black apple doll pattern found here. I'm also challenging the ladies of Sew Anyways to contribute a doll.



If you are interested head on over to the Craft Hope blog for details, a variety of doll tutorials and submission deadlines. While you are there be sure to check out pictures of their first project which delivered new handmade dresses to the Pan de Vida shelter in Mexico. And if you can't participate in this project be sure and check back often as they are soliciting ideas future projects.


Craft Hope Spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time

2 comments:

Krista said...

omg! too darn cute! lydia thinks it looks just like her! hey, stella's birthday is on 8/21 --and she's got birdies in her room (are you catching that big hint?!) great work! you inspire me, too!

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

So nice of you, Liz- and the doll is darling.