Saturday, July 18, 2009

Dreaming of Elephants



This baby quilt is for the current Craft Hope project and will soon be on it's way to India. I wanted to do something that was graphic and gender neutral. I chose bright colors that reminded me of the beautiful saris I've seen in Bollywood movies.

Since this is only my second quilt, I was a little unsure how I wanted to do the actual quilting design. Fortunately, my friend Junie happens to be an expert so I turned to her for some advice. Check out her blog for a great tip on how to preview a quilt design before taking it to the sewing machine.

This is my second Craft Hope project and I love that they give me a chance to experiment with new patterns and techniques while supporting a great cause. The deadline for the India project is July 25. I'm contributing a blanket but they are also looking for other items like hats and booties. Check out their website for more information. You can even sign up for their newsletter so you'll be the first to know about upcoming projects.

No comments: