Friday, November 27, 2009

Baby Sweater



I knit up this baby sweater for a friend who is expecting. She doesn't want to know the sex so I thought this turquoisey/green would be a safe choice. I used this pattern purchased at the famous Lettuce Knit in Toronto. It knits up from side to side rather than from bottom to top which I initially found a bit confusing. However once I stopped stressing and just started knitting it came together pretty quickly . Although I must admit I did make a mistake on the waistband and cuffs (I knit when I should have purled).



Here's my second attempt for another friend's newborn son. As you can see I corrected the waistband and cuffs on this version.


I really like this pattern. Knitting from side to side gives the basic garter stitch a unique look and the newborn size can be knit up in just a few days. Athough these two sweaters are quite similar I like that you can really change the look with the choice of yarn and buttons. I would definitely make it again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I got the reject one!?! LOL! We still love it!