Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Crafting Olympics



I may not have won gold, but I got some snazzy new pillows on my couch. I'm finding the Olympics is kind of like an America's Next Top Model marathon (don't judge me). The hours go by and all sense of time is lost. Since TV time equals crafting time I got quite a lot done . Last night I made not one, but two new zippered pillowcases for my couch pillows. I recycled the zippers from my existing cheapo IKEA covers and used the old cover as a pattern. It was super easy and I'm really pleased with how they came out.


Zipper close-up

My couch looks great with the new facelift, but sadly the rest of the living room looks a like downtown Baghdad due to the flurry of sewing activity. Perhaps I'll put the crafting on hold tonight and do a little cleaning. Then again, I do have a few more things on the project list...

No comments: