Monday, June 21, 2010

Let's Go to the Movies

I've been hesitant to post this project because I haven't been able to get a decent picture. I guess these will just have to do.




My cinephile husband has turned our extra bedroom into his very own movie theater complete with blackout shades, a giant screen framed by red velvet curtains and a popcorn machine. He lovingly refers to it as "Cinema Zyberdiso." In celebration of his movie palace I made this pillow for his captain's chair.

It features vintage movie monster fabric I found on Etsy. I created a logo and embroidered it using glow in the dark thread I ordered from here. Although I wasn't able to get a good photograph of it, I love the glow in the dark thread. It was easy to work with and the effect is just what I was looking for.

Not a fan of competition, Max shows he can glow in the dark too.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember this! It came out great! Kitty's eyes are scary:)

MadeByMeaghan said...

Hi Elizabeth! I found you in blogland! Please feel free to check out the New England Modern Quilt Guild. It's a great group of people! www.nemodernquiltguild.ning.com. I just glanced through your entire blog, you make such cute things!
Meaghan (met you yesterday poolside!) :)