Saturday, August 7, 2010

Twin Set



I'm definitely still going through a knitting phase. I can't seem to stop. I made these sweaters for my friend who is expecting twins -- a boy and a girl. The pattern comes from my favorite knitting store in Portland (Maine, of course!) KnitWit.


I don't normally like hearts as a motif but the heart pockets on this sweater are so sweet I couldn't resist.



I chose a neutral color scheme that would work for both a boy and a girl and just left the heart pockets off the boy sweater.



A simple button closure in the back will make it easy to slip these on and off when the weather gets chilly.
This pattern was quick to knit up and easy enough for a beginner. It comes in a good range of sizes and a different color scheme would totally change the look.

1 comment:

Alli said...

Adorable! And the Oscar sweater up above is precious too. I'm so impressed.