Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday Miscellany

I spent a fun rainy Sunday with June shopping and catching up on Project Runway.  It's still too early for me to choose a favorite (I can barely remember everyone's name at this point) but a couple of my favorite past contestants have some interesting new projects. 

Season one winner Jay McCarroll is designing a fabric line for Free Spirit.  I particularly love this paint splatter print in plum from his Habitat Collection.  You can check out all his designs here.


And quirky nerd girl Diana Eng from Season 2 recently launched a beautiful line of laser cut t-shirts.  I love the combination of intricate details with such simple materials. Click here for more info.


In other news, I ran across this amazing birthday party via the Making in Lovely blog. Is it wrong that I would like someone to thow this party for me on my next birthday?  For the record, I'm just a little older than 7.


Head over the the Pure Joy Events blog for more photos and details.  Seriously, could this cake be more awesome?!  It's even got a Max look alike.  I'm smitten.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.